Eligible applicants must be:
- Unmarried citizens of the United States with no dependents and;
- At least 17 years old but not past their 23rd birthday on the first of July of the year they wish to be admitted and;
- A resident of North Dakota. You, or your parents, must claim North Dakota as your primary state of residence.
As a student interested in attending one of the Service Academies, there are a few things you must do:
- First, contact the academy directly to open a pre-candidate file.
- Second, in order to be considered for a nomination, you must contact my Military Academy Coordinator, in my Grand Forks office and submit the following items to my Grand Forks office no later than October 18, 2019 by mail, not fax:
- Academy Nomination Application Form: Can be filled out online by clicking here.
- SAT/ACT scores
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a teacher, principal or guidance counselor; one from an employer, coach, or extracurricular faculty advisor; and one from any person of your choice who is not related to you.
- A copy of your high school transcripts, including your GPA, the size of your class, and your ranking within that class. If you are in prep school or college, please provide transcripts through your senior year.
- A personal essay to Senator Cramer titled, “Why I want to become an Officer in the U.S. Military”
- A current colored 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 photograph of yourself
The application deadline is October 18, 2019 for those students who are in their senior year of high school.
Please mail all completed application forms to:
Senator Kevin Cramer
Attn: Randy Richards
114 Federal Bldg.
102 North 4th Street
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Should you have any questions about the application process, please call my Military Academy Coordinator, in my Grand Forks Office at 701-205-6576. I look forward to hearing from you.